As a Bankruptcy Specialist, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. While based in the Greater Phoenix Metro area, you will be responsible for the management of all day-to-day oversight of customer interactions where the customer has filed bankruptcy and is currently working with the court system on the repayment of their loans. This entails regular interaction with the court system, attorneys that represent the customers, as well as internal Achieve leadership. You will be seen as one of a small handful of highly knowledgeable team members whose focus is to optimize the handling of these accounts, keeping both the interests of the member and the organization in mind.
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,800 employees in mostly hybrid roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Review and upload bankruptcy documentation to system of record
- File proof of claims and monitor payments from trustees, as necessary
- Monitor the bankruptcy portfolio daily, identify trends, issues of concern, opportunities for improvement, and proactively work with leadership to formulate plans to address
- Respond to inbound inquiries from members, trustees and attorneys to address loan status
- Complete outreach to law firms to confirm representation, as well as to obtain critical customer information as necessary
- Manage all inbound email traffic (bankruptcy email inbox) on a daily basis and take necessary action on these inquiries
- Work with Product Management to design systemic workflows, introduction of third party bankruptcy status data, and a suite of reporting to allow for on-going management of the bankruptcy portfolio
- Maintain records of contacts and accurately disposition result ensuring all clients’ personal financial data is stored and disposed of as required
What you’ll bring:
- Deep knowledge and demonstration on the application of Bankruptcy laws and regulations
- 2-5 years of Bankruptcy loan servicing and call center exposure
- Proficient in Bankruptcy workflow tools such as Pacer
- Proficiency with use of Genesys Cloud and eOscar systems is preferred
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Ability to successfully multi-task and independently prioritize tasks according to department goals and objectives
- Experience using Nortridge loan and collections platform is a plus
- Local candidates strongly preferred as this is a Hybrid position, so there will be a requirement to come into the office four plus days per month.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.