Chief Security Officer
As a Chief Security Officer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You will play a critical role in shaping the Company’s long-term business strategy and execution. Information Security will enable the Company to develop and execute on our growth strategy by driving visibility, accountability, governance, and security built on strong relationships across the Company and grounded in compliance and strong processes. You’ll have an awesome opportunity to be our CSO, representing Achieve to the external community and work in the ever expanding Fintech space.
Join Achieve, change the future.
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be afforded the opportunity to make an immediate impact in the following areas:
- Develop data and risk security strategy specific to PCI to ensure data integrity and safety
- Continue building upon a governance, risk, compliance, and audit foundation that will require relationship building and process change management. Creating repeatable processes (i.e. audit) for those things that occur on a regular basis (i.e. annually)
- Building a comprehensive security program that includes physical safety and security policies. Also build proactive relationships with the Engineering team.
- Be hands-on to ensure all strategies are set and followed.
- Reviewing existing security measures and updating protocols as needed.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the company to identify potential security risks and room for improvements.
- Advising the executive leadership team on cyber/physical security issues, polies, and practices
- Directs the development and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security efforts in support of compliance and regulatory requirements and company goals and strategies
- Interface with external partners - regulatory, law enforcement, banks, and other financial services partners as needed.
- Must be an Enabler and Collaborator to bring tools and resources to light, think creatively, and collaborate with others to get work done
- Managing, evaluating, and resolving any physical or digital security incidents or breaches.
- Ensuring that the company's security policies comply with federal laws and legislations.
- Working with management to develop and implement an appropriate budget for security programs.
What you’ll bring:
- A bachelor's degree in safety management, information technology systems, or a similar field.
- At least 6 years' experience leading or assisting with the leading of the Information Security department, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Lead a team of 20+ employees directly or indirectly
- Excellent knowledge of state and federal information security laws.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional managerial skills and the ability to lead a team.
- Proficiency in information management systems and knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Ability to research and stay up to date with security trends, as well as changing government and state laws.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Access to wellness support through Employee Assistance Program, Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $260,000.00 to $280,000.00 annually + bonus + equity + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thrive by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21222