Director, Strategic Finance
As a Director, Strategic Finance, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You will play a critical role in shaping the Company’s long-term business strategy and execution. Strategic Finance will enable the Company to develop and execute on our growth strategy by driving financial visibility and accountability, built on strong relationships across the Company and grounded in data and analysis.
Join Achieve, change the future.
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Drive strategy for the company through a financial lens, working cross-functionally with our business divisions and with the Product and Growth/GTM organizations, to identify, scope and monitor innovative growth opportunities and initiatives (organic and inorganic)
- Develop data-driven investment theses, business cases, and evaluation criteria for growth and cost efficiency oriented initiatives and make recommendations by weighing trade-offs
- Create, implement and oversee ROI models and OKRs for key strategic initiatives to provide visibility and accountability to ensure resources (financial and people) are prioritized and directed appropriately
- Evaluate and size revenue opportunities and investment costs - through thoughtful and pragmatic financial modeling - for new products, markets, & verticals and other initiatives
- Drive and support equity and debt fundraising processes
- Developing a deep understanding of Achieve’s members and most influential business drivers
- Work closely and directly with the FP&A, Treasury and Accounting teams in financial goal setting and financial and capital structure planning
- Serve as the a go-to finance thought partner - the "CFO in the room" - for business leaders and convey data driven insights and recommendations for better decision making
- Develop financial and analytical models and processes necessary to measure and evaluate Company's revenue and growth trajectory
- Help to prepare Board presentations and updates to investors on Company performance
What you’ll bring:
- 12-14+ years of experience, including direct experience in investment banking (tech, fintech, financial services), M&A, corporate finance, or private equity
- Experience working in FP&A and/or a highly strategic role at a fast-moving and scaling technology, fintech, or financial services business a strong plus
- Extremely strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills and experienced with preparing and presenting information to decision makers
- Very advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, uncovering data-driven insights and creating actionable recommendations
- Collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, work ethic, a learning mindset, and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent knowledge (FP&A, investment analyst, CFA); MBA from a top school a plus
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19401