Senior Corporate Counsel/Assistant General Counsel
As an Achieve team member and Senior Corporate Counsel/Assistant General Counsel you will impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. In this role you will support Achieve’s rapid growth by partnering with business and finance leaders to identify and execute on financing and acquisition opportunities.
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What You’ll Do:
- Work side-by-side with the General Counsel and other legal team members to proactively identify and resolve legal issues and provide accurate and timely counsel to senior leadership in a variety of areas (e.g., corporate governance and committee meetings, corporate finance, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, etc.)
- Continually monitor developing legal and regulatory requirements to identify potential risks and partner with business leaders to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with team members to create processes and procedures to ensure consistent interpretation and application of legal requirements across functional areas and products.
- Partner with Compliance and Risk teams to ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are defined, implemented and measured.
- Review and negotiate a broad range of contracts, regulatory filings and other legal documents, including agreements with Achieve’s third-party partners, investors and other external parties (auditors, regulators, outside counsel, etc.).
- Partner with Achieve’s award-winning capital markets team and its investment fund on an array of sophisticated finance transactions, including asset-backed securitizations and warehouse financings.
What You’ll Bring:
- A curious mind eager to learn about our businesses and develop expertise in new and unfamiliar areas of law.
- Dedication to Achieve’s mission to offer innovative products that help ordinary Americans improve their finances.
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues and desire to collaborate with legal and business leaders.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial and/or financial contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytic skills.
- State bar member in good standing in any jurisdiction.
- At least five to seven years of legal experience, including law firm and/or in-house legal department experience.
- Experience with sophisticated financial transactions, such as asset-backed securitizations and warehouse financings.
- Familiarity with investment funds and applicable laws and rules.
- Familiarity with securities laws (e.g., the ’33 Act, the ’34 Act, and the ’40 Act)
- Knowledge of consumer finance laws and regulations, including The Fair Lending Act, TILA/Reg. Z, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, GLBA and CCPA.
- The preferred candidate would work out of our San Mateo, California, or Tempe, Arizona office, but remote opportunities will be considered.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 reimbursement of eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $136,000 to $302,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leader in digital personal finance. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.