As a Senior Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
Our Platform team continuously delivers reliable and scalable core services that make up the building blocks for most of our products. As part of our Platform team, you will build new microservices that are shared across the Achieve network and leverage machine learning and data to deliver intelligent decision-making services which will drive better customer experience. This position is 100% remote from within the United States only.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively design, build, deploy and maintain new microservices for multiple enterprise-level products
- Work with other departments to adopt internal platform services with documentation and workshops
- Deliver high-quality code to production with unit and integration testing
- Conduct in-depth code reviews
- Integrate internal services with third-party vendors
- Deploy services into Google Cloud with Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker
- Design, develop and implement REST and gRPC APIs
- Create message passing and event streaming with Kafka
- Debug, fix, and maintain high-available services
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience designing, developing, testing, deploying and monitoring microservices for production
- Experience coding with Java, Golang, or C++ (All microservices are written in Go but is not a requirement. We are looking for candidates interested in learning and using Go)
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs for use in production using Swagger
- Experience using event frameworks such as Kafka, Pub/Sub, or Kinesis
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, or AZURE)
- Experience with deployment, CI/CD, and performance monitoring tools
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with team members through our six employee resource groups
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18942