Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) "Remote Work From Home"
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
Currently, originating a mortgage loan is a complex and costly endeavor. Our vision is to build processes and technology platforms that scale and use every opportunity for automation and the application of analytics and machine intelligence to improve decision making and insight, to improve efficiency, and make for a dramatically better overall customer experience. We need a talented Front-End Engineer who brings a good understanding of user experience and is capable of rapidly developing high fidelity Web and Mobile Applications. As our first Software Development Engineer in Test , you will play a critical role in helping build Lendage into a rapidly growing mortgage lender in 2020 and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Test-Driven Development - promote, establish, implement and enhance TDD processes and procedures; help/mentor the development team.
- Application Development - Design, develop, and document, and implement test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios and implement new tests as needed.
- Project ?? Identify system and integration tasks during team sprint cycle and provide implementation strategies and estimates.
- Create/Write - write test cases and automate through API, UI automation as needed.
- Maintain - Developing and maintaining quality automation code and Test environments.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs.
- A leader in automated API and functional testing; Work closely with the development team to understand the functionality and identify testability of functional elements.
- Mentor teams on the testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage.
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments.
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on.
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies.
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; partner with other development and QA teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key teams and organization QA team.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment efforts.
What you''ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related degree.
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types, and testing methodologies. Demonstrate experience with TDD; 3+ year of experience with Cucumber/Gherkin or similar.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience with object-oriented design.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of common development technologies (AJAX, J2EE, HTML, XML/XSL, JSON, Web Services [SOAP, REST], Maven/Gradle etc.).
- 6+ years of technical experience in developing test frameworks and automation (JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, RSpec, and the like).
- 6+ years of experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs.
- Hands-on familiarity with the cloud environment: GCP, AWS, or similar.
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design.
- Experience with web driver tools (like Selenium, Capybara, and Puppeteer).
- Experience performance testing concepts and approaches including using tools like JMeter or similar.
- The collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit a continuous improvement mindset.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days.
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses.
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with team members through our six employee resource groups
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.