Settlement Preparation Specialist I
As a Settlement Preparation Specialist on the Unknowns team, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You will provide support for and collaborate with multiple business units, helping our Members expedite their way to financial freedom! You’d be reviewing creditor information, reaching out to creditors to locate accounts, updating account information and ensuring all enrolled accounts are ready for settlement as soon as possible. We’re a growing team and welcome creativity and ingenuity as we work towards perfecting the settlement preparation process. If you have a passion for providing amazing client experiences while helping our internal business partners exceed their goals, this is the role for you!
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or work from home roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job—it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
This position is Monday to Friday only! No weekends!
What you’ll do:
- Review creditor correspondence and documents including collection letters, statements and credit reports
- Research accounts and contact creditors to find who is servicing the account
- Effectively follow up stay organized to accurately disposition accounts
- Handle Inbound and Outbound calls with creditors to update account statuses
- Process bulk ATC/POA requests for creditors
- Manage creditor email inquiries and accurately disposition accounts
- Conduct special research/creditor projects assigned as necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Due to potential return-to-office plans, this role is only available to employees in the greater Phoenix/Tempe area
- Minimum of 1 year experience in customer service or credit industry
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to successfully multitask
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient skills with Excel, Google Sheets, and Salesforce
What you need to know:
- Ability to select a start time that works best for you between 6am-7:30am
- NO WEEKENDS!
- Competitive pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Starting at 15/hr
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and work from home opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
- No Weekends!
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.