Sr. Product Manager, Developer Experience
Join Achieve, change the future.
As a Sr. Product Manager you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives.
From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Be the Engineer advocate - understand Achieve Engineers wants and needs and their pain points across the Software Development LifeCycle
- Set the Infrastructure team’s vision, strategic direction, success metrics and roadmap to develop new products that are aligned with Achieve’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Achieve convergence on best in-class tooling and SDLC best practices across all scrum teams
- Baseline and improve Engineering Performance Metrics by delivering highly visible dashboards that measure deployment frequency, lead-time, failure-rate, MTTR and scrum team productivity as measured by sprint velocity, committed vs delivered work, etc.
- Establish uniform observability for all developer projects with metrics, event logs, and tracing
- Build a Self-Service Kiosk for engineers to manage the lifecycle of projects and services to reduce their dependencies on the infrastructure team, minimize engineering wait time and enable engineers to test and iterate on new products more quickly
- Lead and align cross-functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, security, testing, business partners and operations to drive shared vision.
- Understand design including design thinking and service design as you will work to conceptualize the engineers journey and deliver new experiences
- Communicate clearly to all levels - roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences.
What you’ll bring:
- Must have 4+ years of product management experience, with at least 3 as an engineering-facing PM.
- Experience and expertise in Engineering Practices
- An understanding of multiple project management systems including scrum, agile, kanban and others.
- Strong Engineer empathy and previous experience working on Engineer-facing product flows, ideally with experience as an Engineer.
- Ability to lead from vision definition, product discovery through product delivery to create compelling value propositions
- Ability to earn trust and commitment at all levels of the organization and create win-win situations that benefit the company and your initiative
- Experience collaborating with Engineering and external vendors to understand what’s feasible, what opportunities exist, and sequence/roadmap product releases to meet the needs of consumers and the business
- Experience in leveraging insights, data and analytics to deliver product enhancements that resulted in significant consumer engagement and business growth. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Strong execution ability and experience taking a concept from idea to launch
- Experience in managing ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Detail-oriented with organizational skills -- be comfortable balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and competing requests and be able to prioritize appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, and other audiences.
- An academic background in Computer Science, experience as a software engineer, or related discipline
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $109,350 to $222,160 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20978