Sr. UX Writer
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, and establish a fulfilling career while putting your well-being first.
Join Achieve, change the future
About the role:
Achieve is looking for an experienced UX Writer to join its product team in transforming strategic digital financial products to make the user experiences more accessible and understandable to its customers.
We’re looking for someone to create the foundation and lead the way in crafting straightforward, conversational, and compelling content that takes the guesswork and stress out of complex concepts.
Your audience at Achieve consists of customers - people that need financial education, assistance, and help in building a better financial future. Your work will directly help an underserved and stressed population reaches financial stability.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, UT, OR, WA, NV, NJ, DE, MD, SC, NC, FL, GA, MN, PA, TN, VA
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and concise copy for all aspects of the digital user experience, from landing pages to chat messages to product interfaces, across the product development lifecycle.
- Create a consistent voice of trust, empathy, transparency, and leadership across multiple products while adhering to design principles and adapting to research findings.
- Build and maintain a UX writing foundation by creating style guides, writing processes, collaborative guidelines, and lifestyle management procedures.
- Write and maintain UX writing guidelines for design system components.
- Act as a subject matter expert and promote the benefits of quality UX writing internally at the company.
- Work closely and collaboratively with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, engineers and marketing to balance design and business objectives with a strong focus on the user.
- Develop concepts for new products and products in redesign/transformation. Provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of professional writing experience in UX writing, technical writing, or copywriting
- BA/BS degree or 4 additional years of relevant experience
- The online portfolio of consumer-centric writing samples and content design. At least two launched products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving mindset
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and product managers
Specializations to make you stand out
- Experience creating and maintaining style guides to follow a product voice and Brand guidelines
- Experience writing for a design system
- Experience writing for digital products across a multi-product strategy
- Experience simplifying financial services concepts for non-finance savvy customers
If you have other UX experience that you think translates to this role well, we’d love to see it.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $183,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools, and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Pay: $90,000 to $183,000/year
sans-serif;"> $90,000.00 to $183,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19335