Staff Data Engineer
As a Staff Data Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
Achieve is anticipating exponential growth as it embarks on a digital transformation. Do you want to come be a part of it and help us forge a new future for Achieve and our customers? The Data Engineering team is at the forefront of helping drive the digital transformation by building services and insights. Data drives decisions! We're looking for enthusiastic and impassioned individuals to help solve complex problems, influence decision-making with innovative ideas, and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint. Is that you? If so, keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Lead product requirements and advanced analytics requirements gathering efforts, interfacing with Data Engineering, Data Scientists, Analytics, and stakeholder teams
- Work with analytics, data science, and wider engineering teams to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Deliver high-quality code to production, consistently
- Integrate with various third-party systems
- Engage in building out a large scale distributed and event based Data Platform that serves as an underpinning for all of Freedom’s businesses and products
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years’ experience building large scale, real-time distributed systems with solid coding, problem-solving, and design skills
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- Hands-on Experience with Python and SQL. Nice to have: Java/Scala
- Experience working with various data stores: SQL, NoSQL, and/or key-value store
- Experience building large scale data pipelines, build data models, normalize and standardize data for the use by various consumers and analysts
- Ability to work in mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc.)
- Preferred experience or desire to learn: Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub, Kafka, and/or RabbitMQ) and Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and/or Azure)
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with team members through our six employee resource groups
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
Meet AchieveAchieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20134