Staff Full Stack (Java) Software Engineer - Remote
As a Staff Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
We are looking for seasoned engineers that will contribute directly to the success of the lending business by bringing new and innovative ideas and tackling challenges across the full stack.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in AZ, TX, UT, WA, DE, MD, NC, SC, FL, MN, NV, OR, CT, IN, PA, TN, GA, NJ, VA, DC
What you’ll do:
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.
- Ask questions and never stop learning
- Deliver high-quality code to production consistently
- Build micro-services using Java & Spring Boot
- Create integrations with various third-party systems
What you’ll bring:
- At least 7 years of experience developing software solutions
- Proficient in developing backend applications using Java, Spring Boot, and Kafka
- Proficient in working with various data stores: both SQL and NoSQL
- Some knowledge of developing Node.js-based backend applications using Express and Apollo GraphQL
- Experience building reliable, scalable software in a cross-functional team environment that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (we use Kafka)
- Mature software engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure)
- Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with team members through our six employee resource groups
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives.
From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18821