Staff Product Designer (Remote)
Staff Product Designer (Remote)
On the UX Product Design team, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You’ll help us build tailored, targeted products in an agile, modern environment alongside a collaborative group of innovators. Our product design team is responsible for creating savvy, user-centric products that make our member’s financial journey easy to navigate. If you want to see your ideas come to life in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about creating life-changing products on both web & mobile, then we invite you to read on!
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
As a Staff Product Designer and Design System Lead, you’ll be the owner of the design system and co-define the strategy & execution by closely collaborating with designers, researchers, writers, engineers, and product managers. You’ll be responsible for designing a scalable system, defining guidelines, and building out the documentation to enable product teams across the organization to efficiently build consumer-centered products. You’ll invest in building relationships, educating the organization about the importance of a design system, and will proactively incorporate accessibility into the design of the components. You’ll ensure that the consumer experiences are simple, cohesive, inclusive, and meet a high bar of functional and visual design through your design system work.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, UT, OR, WA, NV, NY, NJ, DE, MD, SC, NC, FL, GA, MN, PA, TN, VA
What you’ll do:
- Develop the vision and framework for executing a scalable design system for multiple web and mobile products.
- Proactively partner with Designers, Engineers, and product teams in understanding key needs, prioritizing and sequencing development, and defining roadmaps.
- Enable teams to build products without friction through detailed documentation of guidelines, recommendations, and processes.
- Lead the education, conversation, and adoption of the design system across the enterprise while testing, measuring, and iterating on its components.
- Coach and mentor a team of 1-2 designers, providing consistent feedback and growth opportunities.
- Prioritize and incorporate accessibility into the process early on.
What you’ll bring:
- 5-7 years experience working as an Individual Contributor as a hands on Designer on multiple products combined with 2-3 years of experience leading and building design systems.
- A body of work to showcase the design systems that you built. Examples of products that were built leveraging the system(s).
- Demonstrate a high bar of quality in both interaction & visual design and strong technical skills. Knowledgeable about new technologies and processes within the field of design, WCAG requirements, Android, and iOS guidelines.
- Has worked in a collaborative team environment embedded within the organization.
- Track-record of success working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders and partners.
Achieve well-being with:
Hybrid and remote work opportunities
401 (k) with employer match
Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
Pet insurance for your furry family members
Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $105,000.00 to $215,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Pay: $105,000 to $215,000/year
sans-serif;"> $105,000.00 to $215,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20703