As a Tax Manager, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. In this remote, work from home position, you will support the Center of Excellence (COE) Controllership Team handling numerous federal, state, payroll and property related tax filings, and credits, along with helping to develop tax strategies and maintain tax compliance for all of Freedom’s business units. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting, you will have autonomy to help build out, organize, and manage the tax function and work with numerous Freedom stakeholders and tax partners.
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with outside tax providers on income tax compliance matters including accurate preparation and timely filing of federal and state income and franchise tax returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments
- Provide guidance on the tax implications of business investments and transactions
- Coordinate the quarterly and year-end tax provision and related footnote disclosures
- Ensure tax filings comply with standards regarding property investments, income, and allocations, and provide technical tax expertise regarding tax-efficient structures and planning
- Assist with the management of the monthly sales tax return process
- Oversee various credit programs including R&D
- Manage US income tax audits, property tax audits, sales tax audits, tax inquiries, and tax notices
- Partner with controllership, finance, treasury, legal teams and external advisers on various tax planning projects
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation and assist with defining and implementing tax planning strategies
- Prepare analyses of data and support for tax matters and present findings and challenges for evaluation.
- Represent the company professionally as a subject matter expert, both internally and externally.
What you’ll bring:
- CPA required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational, project management, interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of Corporate Tax as well as ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex tax issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and problem solver - able to think strategically, discover solutions and overcome obstacles within a matrixed organization
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- Public Company experience a plus
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20310