Debt Settlement Specialist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a Debt Settlement Specialist, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You will be responsible for building relationships with creditors, negotiating the settlement of debt on behalf of our clients, and successfully managing a pipeline of accounts to hit monthly department goals.
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or work from home roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job—it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
Start Date: July 10th
What you’ll do:
- Contact creditors via phone/email and collaborate successfully to negotiate payment terms with creditors' settlements for our members
- Manage queue to prioritize and complete all assigned work
- Process settlements accurately and completely through to submission
- Follow-up to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Escalate situations requiring client interaction to reach a resolution
- Update account information accurately and create notations supporting those actions
- Experience speaking directly with creditors and law firms (preferred)
- Prior collections experience helpful
- Adhere to compliance standards and display confidentiality and professionalism while working with Creditors
- Demonstrate Customer/Creditor focused/friendly attitude and sense of urgency
- Ability to negotiate settlements with the best terms for our clients
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and follow up tasks
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accounts within a work queue
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of debt settlement industry as well as familiarity with creditor documents
- Experience with Salesforce for account management
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive vacation and sick time off, as well as dedicated volunteer days
- Access to wellness support through Employee Assistance Program, Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Starting Pay: $19/hour + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected starting pay for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Our latest jobs
No jobs are currently posted.
We’re in the middle of 2024 planning.
Check back soon for new, exciting job opportunities or use the links below to stay in the loop!
Join our talent community to receive exclusive content and tips
Sign up for job alerts and be the first to apply when new jobs are posted