Senior Full Stack Engineer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them move from surviving to thriving with digital personal finance solutions. Behind our forward-thinking technology is a group of curious, innovative problem solvers creating next-level products backed by data and consumer-centric strategy. At Achieve, you’re encouraged to explore new technologies while working on exciting projects that directly impact our member’s success.
As a member of this team, you’ll be working closely with your cross-functional partners across Product Management, Data Engineering, and Platform Engineering to bring value to a growing number of Achieve customers. You will be working on Login experience and member dashboard. You will be responsible for developing full-stack applications with React, Next.js and Node.js. We are a passionate, fast-moving team and we are looking to bring on talented individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
This position is 100% remote from within the United States only (No contract/1099/C2C)
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives.
From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 3,000 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job—it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Create new experiences to attract, educate, and retain Achieve customers.
- Efficiently test, iterate, and measure features and growth opportunities.
- Develop and contribute to a component-based architect based on Next.js and React.
- Develop APIs using Next.js and Node.js
- Develop high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including front-end developers, QA engineers, DevOps specialists, and data scientists.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues, providing root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Continuously learn and stay up to date with emerging technologies, frameworks, and best practices.
- Lead and mentor junior developers, providing guidance and feedback on best practices, code quality, and technical solutions.
- Effectively achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Create and maintain software documentation. Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and backlog grooming.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of professional experience building frontend applications using React, Next.js and Node.js
- 7+ years of professional experience in building backend APIs using Node.js.
- 7+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Nice to have experience with Auth0 or OAuth to provide seamless logging experience to users.
- Experienced in web analytics, instrumentation such as Google Analytics, Tealium or Kafka
- Experienced in building front end applications with CMS solutions like Contentful.
- Experience building reliable, scalable software in a cross-functional team environment that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Expertise in measuring and improving web application performance.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive vacation and sick time off, as well as dedicated volunteer days
- Access to wellness support through Employee Assistance Program, Virgin Pulse, Talkspace, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet care discounts for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
We are proudly offering hybrid options in the Phoenix, AZ metro market as well in San Mateo, CA. In other locations throughout the country we offer work from home in the following states:
Salary Range: $135,000 to $185,000 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Multiple locations display HTML
- Dallas, TX
- Nashville, TN
- Des Moines, IA
- Chicago, IL
- Baltimore, MD
- Cleveland, OH
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Raleigh, NC
- Seattle, WA
- St. Louis, MO
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Atlanta, GA
- Miami, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO
- Tempe, AZ