Staff DevOps Engineer
As a Staff DevOps Engineer, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions.
Our Platform team continuously delivers reliable and scalable core services that make up the building blocks for most of our products. You will influence technology decisions around security, reliability, and scalability. Your expertise will provide a solid technical foundation for infrastructure as code that will support all engineering teams at freedom. If you are passionate about automation, developer productivity, security, reliability, scalability, monitoring, you will find home here. This position is 100% remote from within the United States only. No contract or 1099.
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives.
From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 3,000 employees in mostly hybrid and 100% remote roles across the United States with hubs in Arizona, California, and Texas. We are strategically growing our teams with more remote, work-from-home opportunities every day to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job—it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, and put your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve Platform Convergence for Services
- Establish uniform observability for the platform with Metrics, Event Logs, and Tracing
- Improve Engineering DORA Metrics from High to Elite
- Develop a Self-Service Kiosk for Developers to manage services
- Responsible for interfacing with the application development teams to assist them in determining the most efficient and value-added method of automating their application Lifecycle development activities that move their applications through the process to implementation
- In addition, to these consultative activities, the DevOps Engineer will work with the application teams, technology partners, and all relevant teams to on-board the application team and their applications into the DevOps automation service
- In this capacity, they will work with version control systems, automated build systems, regression test systems along with many other Lifecycle tools
- They will develop, architect, integrate and support the integrated system and components
- Lead or participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan
What you’ll bring:
- 9+ years’ experience in Infrastructure automation
- Cloud experience (Google/GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Experience architecting / developing software services for end-users in an agile environment (Go, Python)
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform preferred)
- Experience working with a scripting language (Python, Shell, Groovy, Shell scripting)
- Familiar with continuous integration systems, cluster management,
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Very comfortable with Linux & Network administration including load balancing, routing, firewalls, VPN
- Experience with cloud cost management
- Experience in infrastructure security
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university
Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive vacation and sick time off, as well as dedicated volunteer days
- Access to wellness support through Employee Assistance Program, Talkspace, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet care discounts for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $160,000 to $190,000 annually + bonus + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member's financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Multiple locations display HTML
- Tempe, AZ
- San Mateo, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Tampa, FL
- Chicago, IL
- St. Louis, MO
- Dallas, TX
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Portland, OR
- Seattle, WA